The Salt Lick! An awesome BBQ place out in the middle of nowhere, but totally worth the drive AND the wait (right Dad?) We ate there with our friends Nathan and Janae (who happens to be pregnant with twins!)
On Saturday we went to the river that runs through Austin to go kayaking.
Mom and Dad
Scott's future house....
Dad showing us how it's done...letting the lead rower do all the work ;-)
It was so peaceful, beautiful, and fun!
Dad and Mom with downtown Austin in the background.
Mom's tree. She like it so much, we rowed for an extra 30 minutes to get a closer look...Dad was thrilled :-) It was definitely worth the extra time, it was really cool.
Later on that day, Matt took us for a campus tour at his school, Texas State University in San Marcos. The building behind us with the red roof is the oldest one on campus where Lyndon B. Johnson attended classes.
Showing support for the Bobcats...if you can't make out Mom's hand, she is flashing the Texas State hand sign which looks like the State of Texas, yeeeeha!
Dad thought that if Mom was throwing around "gang signs", he would too :-)
Don't tell, but I'm a Daddy's girl.
My amazing parents, how I love you guys! You two are so cute :-)
Saturday night, we met up with our friends to celebrate Jarron's birthday. After dinner, we ate at Likkety's Frozen Custard (yum) and Nathan took several pictures for us...this was the only one that came out straight, probably because Nathan was standing on the table for the first couple shots :-)
Kinect time! Kinect is kind of like the Wi, but you don't have a controller, it reads your body. Here's a picture of Dad showing perfect boxing form.
And here's videos to share with y'all the highlights of this epic night.
I posted videos of Dad and Mom, so I guess it's only fair to put one of us up too...Matt and I boxed each other, this is how we work out any marital frustration ;-)
so where you are standing at the school (that circular thing) try standing in the middle & talking- see if it echos...There is one at Purdue that does that & everyone thought we were weird by standing in the middle & talking...It was fun!
ReplyDeletetry it and let me know.
How fun- your adventure!
tell your parents I said hello
Oh my gosh, I could not stop laughing at those videos - all 3 of them - so funny for different reasons :) You and Matt going at each other was hilarious though. I love the rolling punches! Hahahaha. Looks like such a fun weekend. Can't wait to see you all again!
ReplyDeleteLove the post! The water and the lake look amazing! The girls said that they want to go rowing in canoes too!
ReplyDeleteThey loved watching the videos! They were cheering for you guys saying, Keep going, keep going, keep going."
allison (that was Allison typing her own name)
evelyn asay (that was Evelyn typing her own name)
The girls were sitting on my lap while I was typing and asked how it knew what I wanted tit to write. I told them that I typed it and of course they wanted to try!
I have so much to say! First of all, I'm so glad you're posting again! Second, I've seen the Salt Lick on some cooking shows and have wanted to try it ever since. I'm jealous! Third, your dad throwing gang signs is awesome! I could not stop laughing at that one. Finally, I love the videos. It reminded me of Christmas Eve Guesstures! (Kinects are fun!)
ReplyDeletehaha, you and your dad are so funny. do you still do the pistachio shell thing?!
ReplyDelete