Sunday, June 5, 2011

April and Part of May 2011

Wow, it seems like I've just had one of the best years ever so far :-) My parent's visit, Girl's Camp, and the Robbin's visit was a good start.   Since then I've been able to enjoy Easter, a visit from my incredible brother Dan, the Texas Dental Association, and a trip to Costa Rica with my sweet husband Matt. I'm still waiting on some underwater pictures to be developed for a Costa Rica post, so you'll just have to wait a little bit for those!
Remember Shooter from our hunting trip last year?  Well, Matt went out again recently with his dad and Shooter was there, as cute as ever :-)  This is him with his new gun!


For Easter, Carolyn's boyfriend Steve came out for a visit.  We went walking in Downtown Austin and walked around the capital and 6th street.


Me and Matt on Easter morning with the Easter basket Carolyn put together.


Matt and his Mom


Carolyn and Steve


Matt and Carolyn had to leave to go see Matt's Grandpa and so Steve and I decorated eggs and hid them for an Easter egg hunt :-)


Some exceptional hiding...


Pretty good, eh?


Carolyn and Aunt Charlotte on the hunt for eggs :-)  Charlotte is Carolyn's Aunt who lives in San Antonio, she came up to say goodbye to Carolyn's dad, Fred.  It was so wonderful to have her around during that sad time, she is so funny and sweet.


Some nice lookin' eggs, good work Steve!


That evening, we went over to Nathan and Janae's for an incredible dinner (as always).  So yummy and colorful!

Janae (pregnant with twins), Nathan, Jarron, Aly, and me.


 Dan flew out from D.C. for the weekend to run my first race!  I was so excited/nervous and was so happy to have someone there with me :-)


The course was pretty cool, we ran through Downtown Austin and around the Capital.


Us at the starting line!


Finally, the finish line!  Dan was awesome and kept me going.  While running, he kept me occupied and at the very end when it was really tough, he pulled out his phone and played "The Eye of the Tiger", the Rocky theme song :-)  Really pumped me up and helped me finish!


It was a great experience.  We ran the 5K in 33:11 :-)


After the race, we headed back to our apartment and played Kinect...of course Dan didn't want a video of him, but I couldn't help myself!


 That afternoon, we went to celebrate the wiener dog festival in Buda, TX (which is apparently the wiener dog capital of the world)



The track


Matt and I waiting in anticipation for the "runners" to cue.


And they're off!  Half of the dogs turn around or run diagonally across the track, messing up the more serious racers...it's really funny to watch.





After the races, we went for a great motorcycle ride.  Matt borrowed his dad's motorcycle (yellow) so we could all ride. 



Me and Dan taking off!


For dinner we had to show Dan some real BBQ, so we took him to The Salt Lick, delicious!


On the weekends, the wait can be really long, so we sat outside and enjoyed fresh squeezed lemonade and of course, live music :-)  Thanks for coming out Dan, you're the greatest!


This is my coworker/friend Melissa and this is her first time giving her husband a haircut :-)  I came over and showed her what I had learned cutting Matt's hair and she did great!


So I had applied to the Dental Hygiene program here in September of last year and had been waiting to hear back from them and finally on the first week of May, I did.  And I got in :-)


Every year, my employer takes us down to San Antonio to get our Continuing Education credits at the Texas Dental Association.  So on Thursday, we all drive down and go to classes in the morning and afternoon.  Then that night, we get to go enjoy the Riverwalk.  So a bunch of us ate at a Mexican restaurant, went to Dick's Last Resort to listen to the live music, and then to Howl at the Moon (a really cool piano bar).  Pictured above is Melissa, me (with a virgin drink...), and Raj.


Brandy helping Ryan with his drinks...


Ok, so the purpose of this picture wasn't to show how far along Raj and Ryan were on their progression toward stupidity, but to show the creepy musician playing the flute in the background...I think you had to be there but he was crazy looking! 


Me and Brandy


Howl at the Moon.  These guys were awesome.  We were there for a couple of hours and they took requests the entire time and just sang and played every kind of song!  And then occasionally, they would jump up on the pianos and belt it out, it was pretty cool to watch.


Carolyn and I planting flowers by our front doorway for Mother's Day :-)


I love daisies!

3 comments:

  1. Look at all those slow people you are beating in that picture! Go Lisa and Dan! I wish you could have raced the wiener dogs though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are actually beating really fast people Michelle. The slow people are waaaay behind. The wiener dogs would have owned us, they were speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the post! Love the Easter picture! I love that skirt you're wearing. Is it the one you bought in that little mountain town that Matt lived in for a while? Love it! The Easter eggs were beautiful and the hiding was amazing! The race looks awesome! Wish I could have come to do it with you! Wiener dog racing....random and probably hilarious! Motorcycle ride looks like it would be fun. Love the video of Dan playing tennis. We can't compete with you, he visits you and he rides motorcycles and plays video games....two of his favorite things. He comes here and he get jumped on by "screaming sisters"! So excited that you get to start the dental hygiene program this fall! The piano man place sounds like fun.
    My girls love daisy's too! Allison can't help but pick them. I tell her not too and it's like she can't here me because all she can picture is a daisy in her hand and she goes up and pluck one really quick! It's funny!

    ReplyDelete