Monday, March 28, 2011

2011

We've had some fun so far this year.  I didn't realize my last post was in December, I'm more behind than I thought!  I guess I'll just post a few pictures of this year so far.  I'll have another post real soon because Matt gave me an AWESOME surprise this weekend :-)  But until then, here are some from the past couple of months...oh and for some reason they are in reverse order, so the most recent will be first!

This is a picture of me with my camp girls (I'm front row, 3rd one in from the left).  I was with the 4th level girls (14 & 15 year olds) and it was great.  I loved being outdoors and not having to work :-)  We had it during Spring Break because it gets insanely hot here in Texas during the summer. 

This is the water slide that was super cool

2 of my favorite girls, Cristina and Alyssa

A path by the stream.  The stream looks very pretty from the land...however after accidently tipping my canoe over in it, I found it to be extremely disgusting.

The Tenney girls: Rachel, Angela, me, Alyssa, & Cristina.  Last year at camp they nicknamed me Beardy.  A name that they continued to use over the past year.

Me rock climbing, which I haven't done in probably 6+ years and I was pathetic, however I had a lot of fun :-)

A picture of Austin taken at night during a walk around Town Lake

Our friends the Robbins.  Matt served with Zack in 29 Palms and they came to visit us here in Texas this month.  They have 2 adorable kids, Max and Aly.

Max loved hanging out with Matt and enjoyed watching Kung Fu Panda with him :-)

He also liked playing Rock Band!

A beautiful day in outside my living room window on the morning of The Big Snow Storm!  It started about 4am, at 5am I woke Matt up and made him go walking in it with me :-)  By 9:30am it had completely melted.  I had to try and enjoy it while it lasted!

The message that Matt wrote in the snow...he didn't really appreciate the "snow" as he called it...

This is Aaron Einhaus, Matt's cousin who plays around town here in Austin.  He's really good and we finally got to go hear him play live at a bar at Copeland Dance Hall.  We did not dance, however we enjoyed the music :-)  You can listen to some of his work on Itunes (use name: Aaron Einhouse) or at http://www.aaroneinhouse.com/

Matt and I enjoying the music

We went golfing with Matt's brother Brian and we had a blast.  Actually, Matt and Brian golfed, I just drove the golf cart around, which I had never done before.  I'd go golfing again anytime, it was awesome!

Brian and I

Recently I started playing indoor soccer and I love it!



4 comments:

  1. Had to open your blog in two different windows so that I could remember all the comments I wanted to make. So, here goes:
    Love the girls camp picture! I bet they girls just thought you were awesome! The slide looks so amazing! I want to go there. Is it really warm enough to be swimming in lakes and ponds right now? We're freezing!
    The picture of Austin looks so pretty!
    How fun to have friends come visit!
    The snow is weak and if you want real snow, just come visit! You can enjoy ours all you want! There's plenty.
    Look at you guys out bar-hopping. The things you can do without kids...j/k. That's awesome that his cousin performs and that you were able to go see him. How fun.
    Driving the golf cart sounds so awesome! I'd go anytime too.
    I would love to play indoor soccer again! So fun! Also a great shot of you playing! Enjoy it for me!
    Loved the post!
    Love and miss you!
    You really ought to work on Matt surprising you with a trip to see us! The girls miss you guys and would love to play!

    Enough I think. Sorry such a long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comments Trina! I think Matt should surprise you with a trip to see me! Very cool that you are playing indoor soccer - I'm impressed. Don't break anything. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so happy to read a little about how you're doing. I love that you're playing soccer again. Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt should surprise you with a trip to come see us in Germany!! But it is so fun to read your blog... :0)
    miss seeing you Lisa

    ReplyDelete