Friday, September 19, 2008

September Update

Howdy everyone! So Matt and I have been busy busy here in Texas. Matt is going to college full time and enjoying it. He took his first test this week and scored a 93%, go Matt! I started working at a dental office last week and have been enjoying that. I took the Registered Dental Assistant course and got a 98% on the test, so now I'm official :-) I'm taking my speech class on Wednesdays and it's going well too.

Matt and I have been in and out of our house because of the hurricanes. Jaime (Marvin's girlfriend) runs an assisted living in Jasper, TX and they've had to evacuate on two separate occasions...so guess where they come? That's right, they come to our lovely home in Austin. Six people over the age of 85 shuffling around the house. We're back now and looking forward to establishing a work/school routine.

I was just called to teach the 8 year olds in church and so that'll be an interesting challenge. Matt is still eagerly waiting for his calling (I wish I could borrow some of his enthusiasm :-) We went to dinner at Natalie Scott's (Natalie Asay) and we had a great time. Matt and Ryan hit it right off and are now bicycling partners, so that's cool.

I guess that's about it. The weather is getting nice here, in the 60's in the morning and not as hot during the day. It's pretty here and I enjoy riding my motorcycle to work everyday. We miss you all and are sorry if we haven't been keeping in touch as well as we should.

Matt and Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Yay! An update! lol Glad to hear that you guys are doing well!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liza - It's been a while but I thought I'd say hi :) I would love to live in a warm place like Texas... especially when fall is coming on up here in Utah! My blog address is in my profile, so come see me eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I'm so glad that you were able to find a dental assisting job. That's wonderful. Glad to hear that school is going well for Matt. Miss you guys and wish to see you soon!

    ~Trina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay a post! :) Glad to hear that everything is going well in TX. I've been aching to get out of Utah for a while now, so maybe we'll come visit. But don't worry, we're broke, married college students, so it might not be anytime soon. :( (Dave's the college student, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!! Glad to hear about the job and go Matt on the tests. You show them. Sounds like Texas is a good place for you to be. We miss you both lots.

    ReplyDelete