To appease the impaitient people out there, here are the promised pictures (oh and thanks for reading our blog :-) Matt and I went backpacking with Marvin (Matt's dad), Jaime (Marvin's girlfriend), Laura (Jaime's daughter), and Mark (Laura's friend). Jaime had never slept in a tent and Mark had never backpacked. It was definately an adventure, but we had an amazing time.
Beautiful view into Second Meadows (where we camped)

Matt on our hike into Second Meadows
Lisa by Elk Creek

A snake that Lisa caught :-)
Matt fly fishing (he caught 9 fish)
Matt, Mark, and Laura around the camp fire

The stream where we filtered our water

Rainbow right after it poured on us. There are two if you look close...

Mmmmm...Dinner!!!
Beautiful photos - reminds me why I like backpacking. The meadow with the creek running through it is spectacular. That Sony camera takes great color pictures or is it the great photographer?!
ReplyDeleteI see Lisa is still handling snakes. Thought she'd gotten squeamish in her old age. We must have had half a dozen garter snakes in our yard this year.
I see Matt is still the mountain man - 1. huge pack (you don't have to carry that much now that you're not in the Marines anymore!), 2. no coat around the campfire when everyone else is bundled up, and 3. . . a fish gutting tutorial. I'm sure you put that in there just for me.
Love,
Mom
yum! i love fish! the first time i ever caught a fish, i went to watch my dad "clean" the fish...and all of a sudden he started slicing them open!!!! I was tramatized, and insisted that we let mine go. I later complained that there wasn't enough fish to eat. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteCool pictures. Looks like you had a fun trip. We hope you can come visit us sometime out here.
ReplyDeleteTrina and Scott
How fun!! I miss doing stuff like that! ...but we dont have a tent, and it is over a HUNDRED degrees here. lol. Those are really nice pictures! I am glad that you guys could get away before you have to jump back into life. That is always nice. Good luck with school and finding jobs!
ReplyDeleteLove you both!
-The Flemings
Those are beautiful pictures. That is so neat that you got to do that for a few days. Good memories.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you.
michelle and andrew