Friday, July 30, 2010

I was able to go home to New Mexico for Christin's wedding in June! I had an incredible trip, hanging out with my parents and friends. I love being outdoors and the weather was beautiful.


Having lived in Texas for 2 years now, I've been missing the mountains so much! So right when I got off the plane in Albuquerque, me and my parents went hiking!


Mom and I on the trail up to Sandia Peak

I love this guy!


The top of Sandia Peak. Notice the big pine tree in the center of the picture...


It was huge!


Some cool landscape


Lizard!


Mom hiking, we passed all these cool huge rocks, reminded me of Joshua Tree.


Pretty


Albuquerque Temple on Christin's wedding day


The four girls waiting for Christin

Jenny's husband, Britton, and their new baby Conway


Mr. and Mrs. Whitton :-) They are perfect together! It's so fun to see two people that I've known for so long get married to each other!


The 5 of us! We all went to high school together and were married in the Albuquerque Temple!


Haha, I like this one because John is in it and to the left is his dad and to the right is Christin's dad...kind of random how that worked out on this spur of the moment picture!


Christin's Family


Cutest picture ever!

After the wedding, we were able to meet up with an old friend, Nathan Russell! We ate at my favorite place, Gardunios :-)


Yum! We ate our meals and then had atleast 3 sopapillas each, it was so good!


We grew up together and I hadn't seen him for 5 years, so much fun to hang out again!


After the wedding, and after the lunch at Gardunios, we ended up at Christin's house for her reception. It was great!


Beautiful Christin!

Striking a pose...I've seen that one before...


Her amazing bouquet that Sarah made, go Sarah!


A picture of me with Jenny's baby, he was SO cute!


See! So cute!


One of my favorite little girls, Ashlynn (Danielle's daughter)! She allowed me to take this picture of her missing front tooth to show to Matt when I got home to Texas.

The day I was leaving, Danielle, Sarah, and I went for a short hike in White Rock. We hiked along one of my favorite trails, I miss it so much!


Sitting on a cliff with the Rio Grande in the distance.




Awe!

Would you wanna live there?

Yay!

Sarah's dog, Monkey, was so cute!


The mesa right above the "Y" parking area. So pretty!


Mom and Dad! They are so good to me :-)


Ashlynn and I saying goodbye at the airport, she's SO cute!


Flowers Matt bought me for our 4 year wedding anniversary! I LOVE daisies

So for my church, I was asked to help out with Girl's Camp this year. This is a picture of some of the girls before a hike we took in Austin before camp.

We had so much fun...Well, no one cried atleast!

Camp Bovay, this is the view from my campsite, super pretty!

The lake that we canoed on

Some boats were fine...

Others flipped!

The 3rd years, the girls I camped with all week (I'm second row, second in).

Playing a super fun pass the cup game

All tuckered out from working so hard!



Our most recent purchase, so much fun!!!


Last week my mother in law (Carolyn) took me tubing with some of her friends down the Guadalupe River, it was great!


Random tubing event, some guy swinging into the water off a rope wearing a tutu...


Relaxing on the River
I just had an amazing weekend with Michelle and Amelia and will post about it soon!

3 comments:

  1. Glad that it looks like you were able to camp, indoors! Evelyn walked in and said, "that's a pretty lake, I want to go in the lake." I told her that it was aunt Lisa, at girls camp. She said, "I'm a girl, so I can go."....Funny girl.
    I really miss the mountains too! Was that your last visit to New Mexico? Ours was Christmas, last year.
    Love the random dude, in a dress??? What's with Austin and dudes dressing like chicks?

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked his color choice. Very nice.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad we got to hang out so much in NM! it was lots of fun!
    Where's this promised post about Michelle's visit?! :P

    ReplyDelete